Serving public and private clients across Texas
Brooks Campus Masterplan & Sustainability Guidelines. San Antonio, TX
Brooks is a 1,300-acre mixed use community in San Antonio, TX. It is owned and managed by the Brooks Development Authority (BDA) as a public-private partnership to redevelop the former Brooks Air Force Base.
Parra & Co, as a sub-consultant of Overland Partners (Lead Architect / Master planner) partook on creating the new Masterplan that would establish in detail the sustainable development of Brooks. Parra & Co served as the Project Manager for this master plan.
The main goal for this project was to find the highest and best use for each parcel of land, while establishing connectivity and promoting low impact development for the area.
Scope of work for Parra & Co included:
- Providing single point-of-contact for the client
- Minority goal tracking and consideration
- Integrating a cross-functional group of consultants and sub-consultants
- Development and tracking of schedule and milestone list
- Providing meeting agendas and minutes
- Briefing BDS
- Assist in developing a project baseline that may be used for subsequent project evaluations
- Integrated change control
- Coordination with City of San Antonio, San Antonio River Authority, as well as other stakeholders and partnering agencies
- Research and comment on Smart Cities Guidelines applicable to Brooks
- Research and comment on Sustainability Design Guidelines to serve as a base for development
*Images courtesy of Overland Partners
Tomball 50 acres Master Plan. Tomball, TX
Engaged by a private developer, Parra & Co is in charge of the Civil Engineering, Project Management and Construction Administration of a 50-acre parcel near Tomball, TX in Harris County.
A project that presents itself with two constraints: an active fault line and two gas pipeline easements, but nothing our team cannot handle. Parra & Co designed the master plan and preliminary engineering for one public street, water supply and wastewater connection, a detention pond, and a storm sewer in the main road.
Our team is also prepared the property’s plat and further subdividing it into macro-lots. The site is master planned as a mixed-use community with a boutique hotel, retail & office space, multi-family, and single-family development.
Parra & Co also worked on Platting, Site Plan, Master Grading plan, Utility plan, Drainage Mitigation plan, Stormwater Lift Station plan, Fire Lane, Utility Extensions, Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), Stormwater Quality Management Plant (SWQMP), Agency Coordination (TxDOT, Harris County, Two easement owners).