Work With Us!
Junior Civil Engineer
San Antonio, TX / The Woodlands, TX | Full Time
We are hiring a Junior Civil Engineer for Land Development & Utilities!
Parra & Co is a family-owned Texas-based engineering consulting firm with a strong emphasis in project management and client service. We create civil engineering solutions that go beyond what our planet deserves, by balancing resiliency and sustainability with economic sense. Each of our Project Managers and Senior Technical Team members has over 20 years of experience in their field. Our team is composed of licensed Professional Engineers, Economists, LEED Accredited Professionals, and Project Engineers, bringing you 130+ years of combined experience.
Consistently ranked among the “Best Places for Working Parents” Parra & Co attracts and retains the best talent in the industry by pairing our members with the values of the company to foster a great working environment where collaboration, accountability, learning and fun makes our firm a “special place to belong”.
- Assist in preparing design documents, including grading, utility, stormwater management, and erosion control plans.
- Work collaboratively with project managers, senior engineers, and CAD technicians to deliver high-quality design solutions.
- Understanding and applying jurisdictional agencies’ codes and regulations to project design and specifications
- Conduct site visits and field inspections to ensure compliance with design specifications and local regulations.
- Participate in project meetings, offering insights and updates to clients and stakeholders.
- Continuously improve technical knowledge and stay updated with the latest industry standards, best practices, and local ordinances.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a project designer for site work, utility, drainage, grading, land development projects.
- EIT certification or ability to obtain within the first year of employment.
- Intermediate to Advance user level of Autodesk Civil 3D and InfoDrainage.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Desire to grow within the land development sector and a passion for sustainable design.
- Teamwork skills and can do attitude
- Legal authorization to work in the United States is mandatory for this position.
- What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with an amazing work culture.
- Comprehensive benefits package including excellent health, dental, vision insurance with immediate eligibility, and Simple IRA with company match.
- Professional development opportunities and mentorship.
- Collaborative team environment with innovative projects.
- Opportunity to work on projects that make a positive impact on the community.
Join us and be part of shaping the future landscape of Texas! If you’re a proactive, detail-oriented individual with a passion for civil engineering and land development, we’d love to hear from you.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume, cover letter, and a brief portfolio (if available) to email@example.com.
Parra & Co is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds, regardless of race, gender, religion, age, or nationality.